Wednesday 27 November 2013

Shift Dress

Today I finally finished my dress; I am so pleased with how it has turned out. When choosing the designs for my dress I knew I wanted to use the large circle design as the main piece of the dress. For the sleeve I used a collage from my sketchbook in which I combined 2 of my floral motifs together through triangles. I changed the colors on Photoshop so that it would blend with the front and back of the dress. For the panel on the side of the dress I chose my favorite mono print drawing which I then developed using Photoshop. Once again I changed the colors so that the patterns I chose would work together. I knew that I wanted to add some foiling to dress, so I felt that by putting it under the arm and down the side of the dress would be a modern twist on a classic 60s dress.


Overall I am really pleased and I feel that this has allowed me to consider my prints for the context of fashion, it made me consider scale and color scheme.

No comments:

Post a Comment