Wednesday 27 November 2013

Final Boards

Today I did my three final boards which show the journey of my project. the first board shows my inspiration of my project showing designers work from today and from the 60s. I also showed my visual research of florals from my own images to pictures I have collected from the internet, as well as my 3 favorite drawings in which i experimented with mono printing and development of lines with felt tips. the final images that i put on the board where my inspiration images from artist which had used geometric shapes within there work, this allowed me take inspiration on how to develop my floral imagery w ith geometric shapes.

 
On my second board which shows my development throughout my project, I have shown images firstly of my developed drawings in which I worked back in my drawings using felt tips. This was something Jill suggested to me in a tutorial and I feel it worked well. The next images show collages from my sketchbook in which I explored combing my floral imagery with geometric shapes. The final images show the collages i created when working on a larger scale out of my sketchbook. In these developments I tried to combine and develop further the most successful aspects of my project.

 
On my third and final board I have shown my final sample developments and the context of my patterns. The first images are of my favorite digital patterns, then I have moved on to show images of my digitally samples which I have worked into through embellishment, foiling and flo cking. I feel that these where a successful aspect of sample development. finally I have shown my color palette and my context images which i created using my dress view finder which Martin Told me to use in a tutorial. I still need to add an image of dress to this board but it isn't finished yet.
 
 
I always enjoy doing these boards at the end of a project as I feel it allows me to reflect on the journey I have taken through my project, enabling me to see how my initial ideas have evovled. 

No comments:

Post a Comment