Wednesday 27 November 2013

Final Print Room Developments

Today was the last day that I had booked in the Print room; my aim of the day was to finnish off my final samples by applying the successful aspects of my previous pieces.

The first thing I did was print small circles onto the long piece of silk sateen that I had pri nted for the side of the shift dress I am making for my Final outcome of this project.

 
To be carful I made sure I washed the screen between printing each piece as the foiling paste dry’s very quickly and can block the screen. I am really pleased with how these turned out. This is the only part of the dress which I have chosen to print onto. I want to act as accent to the side of the dress adding a modern twist to the 60s style shift dress which I am making.
 
 
Next I used the foiling paste with a paint brush to add a subtle effect to the sample above, I feel that this was an effective way to add foiling to sample which had a busy print on it.
 
 Finally I added clear foil to the large circle print below, I felt that the sample needed a little something extra but not anyt hing which would distract from the patterns. I chose to use clear foil as this was successful in my experimental samples.
 
 
I am really pleased with how this sample has turned out the foil has worked exactly how I wanted allowing the whole pattern to still be seen but with another dimension being added from the reflection of the clear foil.
 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment