Sunday 17 November 2013

Preparing Embellishments

Today I spent the day in the print Room once again this has become my second home this project!! Today I have been printing onto small cut up samples which I am using as backgrounds to print my geometric patterns on top of using foiling and flocking. I am going to us these prints to cut my embellishment pieces from.


When creating my fabrics for my embellishments I tried to use up my left over pieces of flock and foil. I found if you use a piece of flock twice you get a really interesting effect where you get 2 depths of flock with 2 different patterns. I really like this effect and is something I am going to take forward with me into Ba8.


Another thing I discovered is how the appearance of foil changes if it is placed under the heat press twice it looses it sheen and has more a glittery look this is shown on the left of the image above with the foil being heat twice at 60secs and the right of the image is foil which I heated for the advised 60secs once. For my embellishment pieces I  prefer the normal look of the foil, however I am glad I have discovered this alternative look for the foil which I think is more subtle.

No comments:

Post a Comment