Wednesday 27 November 2013

Samples In Context

Today I started to put my samples into context using bias binding and different forms of pleating and gathering to suggest how the samples would look if they where used to create fashion garments. I find that this helps me to see my fabrics in a more realistic sense of context compared to if I did this digitally or using my dress view finder like I have.
 

I am really pleased with how my samples have turned out so far. today I only managed to finish my 12 A2 samples. I still need to do the same to my 9 A3 samples I am hopeful that these will be as successful.
In this project I also stated that I wanted to show my samples in a more realistic context by making a shift dress in the style of the 60’s. I am really excited by this, I feel that this will allow me to understand the importance of a print within a design focusing on scale, direction of pattern and color scheme.

No comments:

Post a Comment