Sunday 3 November 2013

Print room Monday

On Monday I was booked into the print room all day, sadly due to the storm that decided to hit England on Monday I was unable to get to uni until midday this put me behind schedule.

The first thing I did was heat press my sublimation prints onto fabric. I used three types of fabric for this all with polyester in them, one was a chiffon style fabric, the second a glossy polyester which i felt had a similar appearance to silk sateen (which is my favourite fabric to use with digitally printing as the colours come out highly pigmented, and the fabric gives the design a reflective high end look) and the final fabric I used was a polyester and cotton blend as I want to experiment with devore.


I was really pleased with how these turned out, I particularly liked how bold the colours looked. I was slightly disappointed with how the poly cotton design look as the colours where more muted but I am excited to experiment with these and devore.

Once I had heat pressed all the designs onto the fabrics, I started to experiment with layering the designs together using what was left of the design on the sublimation paper.


I think these worked well it isn't something I have tried before, but I feel it worked well and it is something I would defiantly try again.

Once I had done this I was ready to start to combine my digital floral designs with my geometric shapes using my screen designs which are shown below.




This is the only design which I combined with my geometric patterns, I did it using foiling. At the time I couldn't decided if this has been successful or not and I felt very confused with the result. Because of this I stopped as I didn't want to ruin my other designs. On reflection of this design I think it has been successful. 
I am booked into the print room on Monday and Thursday of next week so I am just going to go for it with my other designs, I have to remind my self that at this point of my project it is all about experimentation. My plan for Monday is to experiment with combining my 2 themes together using, foiling, flocking and disperse dyes I am hopeful that I will produce some exciting designs which show how I have experimented with different medias and design themes.

No comments:

Post a Comment