Sunday 3 November 2013

Drawing workshop

On Friday I had a drawing workshop with jill, the aim of the workshop was to look at real life flowers and draw them onto shapes allowing for easy design placement when creating a garment.

To start with we had paint 2 flowers on a semi circle hoop so that the flowers looked intertwined. To do this I used gouache paint which is something I have just started to experiment with this term. I am really liking the effects and tones which can be created through this medium.





Once we had done this jill then went and photocopied the drawing in different sizes, with the photocopies we had to cut the semi circles out and arrange them in different ways upon a garment template which we had to create.





I thought this was a really good idea as it allowed me to play with scale and placement of a design upon a garment. I am going to experiment with this within my own work. After this we did a few more drawings working with circles. 







I have yet to finish the drawing above the idea was to draw the same motif in every other section and in the end create a flowing pattern.
Overall I have to say I really enjoyed the workshop and that is a big thing for me, as normally I hate drawing in front of others as I feel my work is constantly being judged and I would say that drawing is one of my weaker skills.
I am looking forward to next week lesson in which we are applying these ideas to are own practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment