Sunday 17 November 2013

Finished Digital Samples

Over the last week I have had my favourite digital samples printed on to 2 types of silk fabrics. I went for silk as it has a more high end feel which is what I see my design being for, I also like how the colours appear upon the fabric with the gloss of the silk giving the design a sheen. 

I had 6 designs printed on silk sateen which is my favourite fabric to digitally print onto and I also had another 6 designs printed on to silk Habotai, which is not a fabric I have worked with before. 
I really liked the sublimation prints which I did on polyester georgette and I wanted a similar fabric to this. 
Last project I used silk georgette, but I didn't like this, the feel of the fabric was ruff and the colour I felt was dull. I am really pleased with the look of my prints of the silk Habotai the colours are bold and the feel is more smooth which is what I wanted.

8 of the prints I am leaving how they are and 4 I am going to work further into 2 by appliquéing my own embellishments on and the other 2 by foiling onto them in the print room. I have chosen to foil the samples instead of flocking them as I feel flocking makes the fabric stiff and this isn't something I want my samples to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment