Sunday 17 November 2013

Embellishing

Today I have been working on finishing my samples using the samples I printed on Thursday as embellishment pieces by cutting them up and appliquéing them on to my samples.



Here I cut a foiled sample in squares and then I appliquéd them on a sublimation print which I had already flocked squares onto. I really like how this experiment looks I feel that it has given the sample a finished look.


Here I cut a foiled sample in squares and then I appliquéd them on a sublimation print which I had already flocked triangles onto, I  also had printed circles onto the sub print with disperse dyes. I really like how this experiment looks, I especially like the juxtaposition of the circles within the square appliquéd embellishment. I feel that it has given the sample a finished look.


Within this sample I experimented with the scale of the embellishments I appliquéd onto the sample. I like this and I feel that it has given the sample a playful feel and has made it more eye catching.


On this sample I have experimented with very small embellishments adding a subtle but a more dense look.

No comments:

Post a Comment