Friday 9 May 2014

Hand Painting Devore

Over the weekend I spent my time hand painting devore onto 2 of my final scarf designs. This was a very lengthy process with one design taking me 4 hours to paint the devore on. I had to take this approach as screen printing the devore would have been a near impossible task, lining the screen up wold have been very difficult and just woudn't have worked.

This was quite a risky thing to do, as the devore paste tend to spread on its own. On tuesday I used the heat press in the print room to burn the paste off. As I said this was a temperamental process and I sadly got paste on sections I hadn't intended. Im unsure how to resolve this at the moment and is something I need to think about. Im not going to lie I was very upset about this, but I am just going to have to make it work.


No comments:

Post a Comment