Saturday 8 March 2014

Tutorial

This week I had a tutorial with Nick. I have to say I was nervous to hear his views on my work but the tutorial went well, I left feeling very positive and with some good ideas of how to continue to develop and move my work forward.
These are the notes Nick gave me:


Once I got home and had time to let the comments sink in I made my own notes, enabling me to think about what Nick had said and for me to put my own ideas down on paper.

Notes
  • Try using illustrator to create my patterns, this may help designs become clearer and help with colour changes I make.
  • Make some digital designs which have just 3 colours. this will make the designs more suitable for a client to print.
  • When creating digital designs think about the devore process I will use in the print room considering the placement within the design. Consider a different colour or pattern which would appear along side the devore section of the sample.
  • Use the sublimation printer with the idea of collaging patterns together by cutting the paper designs before I heat press them onto the fabric.
  • Think about using different fabrics e.g. cotton, jersey and chiffon.
  • Make sure every design repeats. Use books to look at different repeat structures I can create. 
  • Give some designs more structure by using stripes and lines.
  • Continue to develop a wide Colour palette maybe introduce some new colours look at trends for inspiration.
  • For black and white samples try printing directly onto Silk Viscose instead of Digitally printing as the dye bleeds.
  • Experiment with using paper stencils with my geometric screens to create designs similar to my digital designs. Combine this screen printing with devore and foiling to see what effects can be created.
  • Continue to develop Black foil with devore on black and white samples the effect is very interesting.
  • Look at new inspiration when drawing Black and white Geometric designs. Maybe visit the V and A for inspiration, possibly looking at African Masks.
  • Continue to develop Floral drawing styles in particular both painted and felt tip pen designs i have created.
  • Develop floral imagery by looking at a wide range of inspiration from Tropical flowers to cottage garden flowers.
  • Consider different scale of florals thinking about very small flowers as well as large motifs within digital designs.
  • Continue to develop drawings out of my sketchbook. 
  • For the Degree show consider making Fashion outcomes like I did for Ba7.

No comments:

Post a Comment