Sunday 30 March 2014

Trends

I have been looking at Trends, as I want to keep my designs Modern and up to date with current trends.  I find that by doing this I am able to take influence from the trends within my designs.




This reminded me of my black and white samples. I like the flash of colour they have used, I think this idea might work well as a boarder to my black and white scarf designs.




I think the use of pastel tones is really delicate against the floral imagery and is something which i think I may introduce into my design create a contrast in colour.

I really like the blocks of colours which are created through collage. It is a technique which I enjoy to use in my work to create patterns. It is encouraging to see that it is an up and coming trend within fashion print.




This trend of squiggles reminded me instantly of Zandra Rhodes iconic wiggles. They work great as a break up of pattern and as a filling to connect patterns together. I am going to use this theme within my new geometric designs creating a new dimension and a link to a current trend.



These trends show that I am working towards a collection of designs which will fit into current and upcoming trends, with my designs being inspired by the 60s.

No comments:

Post a Comment