Saturday 8 March 2014

Paper Designs For Stew

Yesterday I spent the day working on my 6 paper designs for stew. These designs will be hung next to my fabric samples. I wanted these designs to show my drawing skills and my use of collage to create patterns. 



I went for a mixture of Geometric designs as well as Floral drawings as I wanted the designs to give the viewer an insight to my sketchbook work. I am presenting them pegged to hangers as shown above. But I have now painted the pegs white to make them blend in with the background allowing the print to be the main focus. I have also trimmed the white edges of the design off, as I felt these weren't necessary.

I plan to hang them as shown below in an image I am taking inspiration from which I found on Pinterest: 


No comments:

Post a Comment