Sunday 23 March 2014

Developing Black & White Samples

In my tutorial with Nick a couple of weeks ago, he suggested that I experiment with directly screen printing my black and white designs onto silk satin viscose as when I digitally printed onto the fabric the dye bleed effecting the design on the fabric. 

This week I did just that. I printed onto the silk satin viscose using black prociane dye using 4g of powder to 100g of paste to give me an intense black. I used the geometric screens I all ready had made up along with paper stencil to create some simply geo patterns. 





I was really pleased with these samples, the designs are very simple but these where simply an experiment to see if the dye would bleed once steamed and washed. I was really happy that the dye did not bleed at all, leave a really bold contrast between the black and white. To develop these further On friday I am booked in the print room and plan to develop them using devore and foiling to see what effects I can create.

No comments:

Post a Comment