Sunday 23 February 2014

Print Room Experiments

Over the last 2 weeks I have been using the print room to develop my first initial digital samples. I have been experimenting with devore with both velvet and silk satin viscose. I have also been developing ideas with foiling and flocking.










Things that worked well:
  • Digitally printing onto velvet: I love the iridescent quality the velvet has. It works well in my collection with the foiled samples. I was surprised how the pattern came through on the pile as I had it printed on the back. But I like the contrast between the vibrant and pastel shades of colours the sample has created.
  • Silk satin viscose: I like this fabric it works well when devored, however the black and white designs bleed a lot making the white more grey which was a little disappointing. 
  • A combination of Devore and foiling: I like these 2 techniques together they add depth and tone to a flat digital print.
  • My colour pallet: I am really pleased with how the colours have worked together they blend and contrast at the same time.
I will develop these ideas within my final samples for the Stew Exhibition.

No comments:

Post a Comment