Sunday 23 February 2014

Fashion & Textile Museum Visit

On Thursday I went to visit the Artist Textiles Exhibition at the Fashion and Textile Museum in London. This exhibit was recommended to me by Grainne during my tutorial last week.
I really enjoyed the exhibit I paid attention to the scale of prints and the way they had been repeated which Grainne had suggested I look at.
There was also a Collier Campbell Exhibition which I found very Interesting, as I have been looking at their work for inspiration and it was great to see their work close up looking at the scale and colours used, which has inspired me to develop my drawings on a larger scale out of my sketchbook which Grainne encouraged in my tutorial.

Here are some images I took at the Exhibition









I really enjoyed seeing the work of Zandra Rhodes, I looked at this piece when working on my dissertation. The images in the books didn't do justice to the above piece and I loved seeing the scale of the pattern in person.


Collier Campbell Exhibit











I was so inspired by this exhibition I loved seeing Collier Campbell's work up close, through my exploration of Celia Birtwell, Zandra Rhodes and Barbara Hulanicki within my dissertation, I have been inspired to develop my knowledge of Artist and designers from the 60s. I feel that this era of work really suits my design aesthetic and I am hopeful that this exploration of the 60s through Ba8 will keep inspiring my work for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment