Monday 7 October 2013

Inspiration...

Here are some images which have inspired me and I feel show the themes which I want to explore and combine together within Ba7.


I love the bold colours within this image, they are very striking and eye catching.


This black and white image of twiggy caught my eye, the mix of geometric and floral design upon the dress she is wearing is very interesting, I particularly like the change of scale with the different patterns on the dress.


I think the floral design upon this dress is beautiful, I particularly like the painted look of the flowers. For me it makes them feel real like you could smell their scent.


once again I chose this image as I liked the contrast of the colours. these are not colours I would have put together myself but I think they work very well together.



love the contrast in scale and tone with the patterns of the garments.


This image caught my attention from the clash of the florals, however I feel that the patterns work well together at the same time which stops one from over powering the other.


I admire the combination of geometric shapes with floral imagery here.


I think the panelling of this dress is very interesting I love the way they have changed the scale of the pattern making the overall effect of the design very unique.


I feel colour and pattern are working well together in this image.


I adore this image, the colours of the floral design to the geometric one are very opposite but at the same time they are working together. This is what I hope to achieve within my work.


This image is what really inspired me the most. This piece is from Matthew Williamson's spring 2014 collection, I cant get enough of the abstract floral design and the bright colour palette makes the design feel very fresh and modern but at the same time the pattern has a 60s feel. I also really like the scale of the pattern, I feel that scale of design is very important to the success of a pattern and it purpose.


I chose this image as I liked the combination of florals and geometrics within the collection. Marc Jacobs resort 2013.


I really like the placement of the design upon this garment I think it is very effective. The tones and hues of colours used are very complimentary to one another but at the same time the hints of colbolt blue, ever green and tangerine orange really help the garment to stand out.


From looking at these images I feel that I have gained some good inspiration which is going to help me kick start Ba7 in the right direction!!

No comments:

Post a Comment