Saturday 19 October 2013

Developing drawings

Yesterday I started to scan my first initial drawings into photoshop enabling me to start to develop my ideas and this also allowed me to see if my drawings would work for the ideas which I have. During my tutorial with Les on monday he suggested that I spend my week in 2 sections the first half drawing and looking at / for visual inspiration and the second half developing my ideas.
I have to say I was skeptical about this idea as I generally work so that I do all my research first and then once I have done all of it I start to develop my findings and initial visual studies. However I have to say I feel that this has worked well It has allowed me see which of my drawing styles are working best to create the types of patterns I want, as well as this I have been able to experiment with different colours.

Here are some images which I have been using for colour inspiration within my digital designs.





Here are some my initial digital designs, within my designs I have tried to create abstract floral designs working with my drawings and a bold and bright colour pallete. I have also trued to experiment with scale of design as I know this very important in the effectiveness of a pattern.




Overall I am pleased with how these have turned out for first attempts, my plan is get these digitally printed using the sublimation printer so that I can experiment with combining my florals with geometric shapes. I plan to do this using Devore, foiling, flocking and using disperse dyes.

As well as developing them in the print room I am also going to get them printed on to paper and work with them in my sketchbook developing them using collage, this is a technique i love to use and i find it is a very effective way of developing ideas.

Here are some images of the types of effects I want to create through collage.
















No comments:

Post a Comment