Tuesday 22 April 2014

New Geometric Marks

Today I have spent the day working into close up sections of my floral drawings creating designs for my geometric scarfs. To do this I have used collage techniques along side stickers and felt tip pens.
While creating the drawings I looked the images I took yesterday at the V&A looking at the geometric shapes and lines I saw and applying this to my drawings. I feel that this helped having fresh imagery for inspiration, it allowed me to move more geometric patterns forward.
I also took inspiration from Camile Walala who's work I came across on Instagram. I tried to use her idea of continuous lines within my geometric designs giving them flow and structure.

Here some images of the geometric drawings I created today:






My plan is to develop these drawings into digital design using photoshop, I am planning to do this tomorrow and  I am hopeful it will work well and I will be able to create some really interesting b and w geometric designs for my scarfs.

No comments:

Post a Comment