Tuesday 22 April 2014

London: Part 1 The V&A

Yesterday I went to the V&A to visit the Italian fashion Exhibit. I really enjoyed this show I was unsure if it would add my current project, but it did. Sadly I wasn't aloud to take images inside the exhibit or do any drawings. I did jot down a few Ideas that I got from the inspirational items. I bought postcards from the gallery shop which showed some of the inspirational pieces from the exhibit. Many of the designs and artist linked to my research report, and allowed me to see other designers work from the 60s seeing how their work has developed through the years.


Guanahato dress by Roberta di Camerino from the late 1960s 
I really liked the use of colour and mark within this garment.


Emillo Pucci patterned silk suit from the 1960s
I love the combination of geometric shapes with floral motifs in this agreement. The bold colour palette allows the garment to have that fun and playful charm that many 60s garments have. 



Pino Lancetti tropical print dress on silk chiffonfrom 1976.
I really like the use of tonal colours within this design with an accent tone of tomato red.


Missoni machine knitted jumper from 1971.
I really like the structure of this design, despite the design being busy it really works this is something I strive to achieve within my work.


Mila Schon Matelasse coat from 1966.
I really like the geometric quality of the floral design upon the coat I think it is very interesting to look at.

While at the V&A i also looked at the fashion and textile exhibit looking at the 60s display they had.







I really liked looking at this particular display as it showed the work or Celia Birtwell, Zandra Rhodes and Barbara Hulanicki together which was great for me to see as these are the 3 pioneers of the 60s I looked at within my Dissertation. I really enjoyed seeing their work in person I focused on the colours, motifs and materials they used. 

I also took images of the Asia display looking at item which I felt inspired by for their geometric ahpes and lines.









No comments:

Post a Comment