Thursday 30 January 2014

Displaying work

On sunday I filled out my form for the mid-term review at the stew gallery. This got me thinking about displaying my work, and the different ways it can be done. I know that this is a very important part of the design process, as it how my work will be viewed by the public. 
Something I am keen to display within my samples this project is the versatility of them showing how the designs are all different but at the same time showing they can all interlink and work as a large collection.
For the Stew Gallery exhibit I am aiming to display 5 A1 samples, these will on a selection of fabrics and will show all themes that I am exploring in this project. I was going to show the samples in context by using bias binding, however I thought this through and decided at this point of my project I am more focused on the design than its context. 
I have using Pinterest to look at different ideas of displaying my pieces. Below are some images of ideas I think could work for either Stew, The Degree Show or New Designers ( if I get picked ! FINGERS CROSSED) 







 I really like these ideas of displaying fabrics together in a draped way, I think it always for the colours of designs to be clear and for the motifs to stand out creating both a contrast and harmony.  I am very keen to display my work at the degree show in the style of the image above, I have said that I am going to make 3 lengths, 1 for each collection. I think this would be an affective way of displaying my lengths its simple and allows the print to speak to the viewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment